A few things to love about chili:
- It's the perfect winter-weather food.
- You don't need a recipe to make it. You can put in whatever you like.
- It's a great way to use leftovers. My most recent batch included half a jar of salsa we weren't going to finish and corn from the night before.
- It also makes great leftovers because it tastes better the second night.
- You can make it in the slow cooker.
- It freezes well.
- It's an entire meal. In a bowl.
- Even our President-Elect makes chili. Although he serves his over rice. That's weird. Based on reason number two to love chili, however, I have to accept his serving-over-rice ways.