I like sauces. Of all kinds. Barbecue. Plum. Butter. Steak. The more sauce the better.
I also like making sauces -- because they're easy and because they can transform the usual stuff you have in the fridge into a taste explosion! Yes, the exclamation point was absolutely necessary there.
My latest sauce: Beekeeper's Jezebel Sauce from Southern Living. I'm not sure why they call it that, but I like it. The name's got zip.
As does the sauce. I used it on biscuits, then on roast chicken, then on egg rolls. It was good everywhere.
And I think you'll agree.
Beekeeper's Jezebel Sauce
- 1 15-oz. jar apricot preserves (no big fan of apricot, I used peach)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 T. horseradish
- 1 T. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 T. Dijon mustard (I used a regular old spicy brown -- sorry French mustard lovers)
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 1/4 t. dried crushed red pepper
Easy! And yummy! (More necessary exclamation points.)
The food: Beekeeper's Jezebel Sauce
The verdict: Worth exclaiming over