Friday, October 31, 2008

Cuts Like a Knife


When it comes to Rachael Ray, you either love her or hate her. But regardless of your feelings on the Rach, I think you could really warm up to her East/West knife.

This little gem from Furi, part of Ray's flaming orange cookware line, has a nice weight, a grippy handle, and looks good sitting in my Kapoosh. What more could a girl ask for? Oh, it's also sharp.

Sure, it's no J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 7-Inch Santoku Knife with Hollow Edge, but for $20 at T.J. Maxx, how can you go wrong? I recommend it. It's a fun knife to use. Especially on onions. With a wooden cutting board. When you say "Hiyah!" and drop the knife from three feet in the air. Being careful not to cut your fingers, of course. I mean, that's what I've heard.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

You are soooooo funny! :D I'm always thankful for the laugh... but also for the info you share! ;) I am in DESPERATE need of some new knives, so I am seriously going to check this baby out! (And by the way, how cool is that "Kapoosh"?!?!?) lol.

Nicole said...

Man, I have had over $100 in Crate and Barrel gift cards sitting in my wallet since last birthday/Christmas, and I have stopped in at the store and ogled the fancy fancy expensive knives many times, but I just can't bring myself to spend the virtual $$. It's nice to see that the Rachel Ray version is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I added a Kapoosh on our wedding registry a while back, I thought it was really cool!
~Michaela~

Abbie said...

I love the Kapoosh. You will not be disappointed.