If you're thinking about your Thanksgiving menu already (and I am) these might be a nice replacement for the mashed potatoes. Thanksgiving purists, no hate mail, please.
(Also, see those chives in the picture? I grew them! Oh, and my peppers say hello.)
New Potatoes with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
From Cooking Light
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 7 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
When cool enough to handle (10 to 15 minutes) squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves into a large bowl. (Toss the garlic skins.) Combine pulp, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chives, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Whisk, then add potatoes and toss to coat.
Serves eight. Approximately 170 calories per serving.
The food: Mustardy, garlicky potatoes
The verdict: Garlic breath is a small price to pay for such deliciousness