Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sweet Cream Braid Doesn't Live Up to Name



So the other day, I decided I'd make a sweet cream braid from a recipe I've been wanting to try for years. Basic bread dough filled with sweetened cream cheese -- mmm. Except that when I cut into it, the cream cheese had totally disappeared. Poof. Like a magic trick gone bad. Well, I guess making something disappear would be a successful magic trick. But I wasn't happy -- I think you get the picture.

I was, however, extremely excited about braiding. I'll probably braid all my food from now on. Broccoli, pasta, chili, you name it. It will be braided.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

You should try the Tsoureki recipe I made this past week... it's traditionally braided and it was SO GOOD. Sorry this recipe was a dud.

Courtney said...

the braid is beautiful, I must say! I make a broccoli/chicken braid, but it never is that pretty.

Dan said...

Ok, I'm seriously starting to think that a career in food photography (Bon Appetit?) may be in your future. Wow, very impressive.

Mike said...

Nice braiding! Let's do Ben's gotee! (sp?)