Friday, September 19, 2008

The Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree



My friend Courtney has been sharing the bounty of her backyard apple tree with me and, as a result, I've turned into an apple-recipe-making fool. I started with apple pie, then moved on to a new apple cream cheese tart -- good idea in theory, but I didn't use the right size springform pan and the whole thing fell apart. Next I made apple bread, apple muffins and I plan on some apple pancakes in the near future. Oh, and some apple-and-feta-stuffed chicken.

If you've got any apple-themed recipes, you know where to send them.



And if you're interested in trying the new apple pie recipe I used, you can find it here. I was impressed with how easy the crust was to work with, but I thought the 3/4 cup water was a lot, and it did end up making my crust a little tough. Or that could be due to the fact that I'm a compulsive overmixer. What can I say? I like to be thorough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say - I really enjoy your blog! More! Give the people more!